Here come da judge

Creighton law school product David Thrower is large and in charge.  This is what we need to see in our community leaders.  Step in and take control.  Govern with a no nonsense, "here's what we're going to do" approach.  Check out the email below.  First day on the job.  Didn't say, "Oh, I'm overwhelmed, I'm just getting my feet on the ground, I'm back from vacation, let me get my bearings (sound like anyone we know?)."  Instead, Judge Thrower made clear, concise suggestions on how municipal court can function better for law enforcement and public citizens alike.  Deferred to the town attorney, as far as acknowledging his existence (or perhaps Town Attorney White has more experience with brain injury).  Personally, I don't really care about the 2019 conference, but this is also the reality of an Estes Park that needs constant reassurance of its place in the world, and I suppose it never hurts to end with a bit of sugar.

We need more of these folks on boards and in positions of local power.  From the first sentence, it is obvious this individual has the language skills and organization so many current EDC board members and LWV board members and Hospital Board/Library Board/Museum Board members lack.  We need to stop thwarting certain individuals from serving on boards or participating in decision making processes because they are not "in the club".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Hostiles

Johanna writes

Okay so I'll say it