In case you haven't looked lately

E-mails to the town trustees have been dominated of late by:
(1) The Chamber of Commerce
(2) A guy who wants to know if there are any dog trainers in town
(3) A moron named Dan who says vaccines should not be a part of any plan to prevent disease - Our natural immunity to things we have never encountered before should suffice to kill off, oh, say, 1% of U.S. for no good reason except to have morons named Dan have a larger ratio of active listeners ignoring them.   By the same logic, we should not attempt to prevent meteors from hitting the earth, just eat more kale so we can lift the rubble from our bodies.
(4) "Look, I know there is a fire going on and all, but I wonder if you could devote more attention to my need for a dog trainer"
(5) Folks who should probably be spending more time in the new mental health facility, rather than writing about it
(6) The Community and Family Advisory Board wringing their hands over their very existence
(7) Mike Romero saying "These silly Public Notices are more trouble than they are worth for us as well, and we probably lose money running them (no figures provided), but I am going to fight like hell to make sure you don't remove them from our paper."  This is somewhat akin to a man saying "I hate getting free cash in the mail, and I'm sure it is not warranted or justified, and I sometimes give myself paper cuts opening the envelopes to get at the free cash, but it behooves me to say it is my right to keep getting this free cash and fight you to the death if you even pretend to want to stop mailing it to me."
(8) Some overly enthusiastic granola begging the mayor to give everyone a free car.
(9) Mike Romero saying that when he gets his free car, it will be more trouble than it is worth, and probably won't have a full tank of gas and he will have to pay for the insurance on the free car, and if he tries to sell the free car someone will offer him less money than KBB, but even though he doesn't deserve this free car, he will fight like hell to make sure he gets one and keeps everyone else from getting one if that means he won't get one

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Hostiles

Johanna writes

Okay so I'll say it