My son cannot vote, my son is not old enough

What is the point of this letter to the editor?  Unclear, since it carries the same weight as if citizens of Kazakhstan signed a letter decrying the 7.8% sales tax in Larimer County.



The undersigned believe they should have the same rights as people who live within town limits, despite the fact that they don't live within town limits.  I would love to be able to avoid state income tax like those residents of Wyoming, but guess what, I DON'T LIVE IN WYOMING, and thus am not entitled to those rights and privileges afforded to Wyoming residents.  If I wanted to avoid a state income tax, I guess I could MOVE TO WYOMING.

The dumb index in Estes Park, and especially in those neighborhoods bordering the town limits of Estes Park, is dangerously high.  How is it, one wonders, that Johanna Darden, living at 501 Macgregor Avenue, can sign the recall petition (or claim to have signed the recall petition), while her neighbors directly to the south, the Robertsons at 499 Macgregor Avenue, can add their names to a list rueing the fact they are prevented from signing the petition?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Hostiles

Johanna writes

Okay so I'll say it