Broking News

This just crossed the wires earlier today:
Today is Monday, and I was somewhat confounded this accident occurred (or perhaps was going to occur) on Tuesday morning. 

Doing a little more digging, I came across an update on this accident in a Longmont newspaper.  From a month and a half ago.


So here is the 83-year-old accident victim (being quite generous, but I wasn't on scene) from Estes Park.  It is a shame when obituaries don't include the cause of death, because unrelated newspapers then break stories that already occurred, adding to the grief.

If I ran a newspaper, every obituary would include a mandatory, required mention of "cause of death".  Otherwise, you are not getting real news.  If the cause of death was so embarrassing or problematic that it couldn't be included in an obituary, the obituary wouldn't run.  If you can't have a birthday at your favorite restaurant because you are in jail, you don't send birthday announcements, or make a reservation.  Similarly, stop wasting my time with unconnected fragments of non-news.  Your choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Hostiles

Johanna writes

Okay so I'll say it